August 9, 2020 Update: We appreciate our AAH & AAR clients for your continued understanding & patience!
Now that Durham Region is in COVID-19 Phase 3, we are fielding questions about the process for appointments & product or medication pick-up.
Here is an update:
Our goal is to provide in-person, hands-on care to as many patients as possible while "eliminating or minimizing exposure" to our team members & clients.
1. Current Public Health and Workplace Health & Safety Regulations do not allow for the use of our front office as a waiting room so we will keep the front door closed.
Please call when you arrive to let us know you are here.
2. Now that we can perform both routine & emergency dentistry & surgery, we must use our examination rooms as treatment areas to allow our team members to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.
This lets us have at least 3 (and sometimes 5) veterinarians diagnosing & treating patients at the same time.
3. Medication, Food & Product availability continues to be affected so it is best to call ahead to be sure we have what you need.
We will put your supplies aside & transfer curbside when you arrive at the hospital.
4. We wear masks all day, every day in the hospital & we are grateful that our clients wear them when they meet with us for patient transfer.
5. Adequate sanitation of workspaces & medical equipment takes time and we continue to operate under elevated disinfection requirements in all areas of the hospital.
With you, we look forward to getting back to our normal routine.
For now, we do not want to limit appointment & procedure availability to ensure we can care for as many patients as possible.
So, we will meet with you curbside and thank you for bearing with us.
The AAH Team.
The wellbeing of our patients, clients and animal health care team members is top of mind for the AAH in this time of uncertainty regarding the potential spread of COVID-19 Corona Virus.
We want to be able to continue providing care for our patients!
In accordance with current recommendations from the College of Veterinarians of Ontario & Public Health Ontario, our animal health care team reports the following changes to our protocols:
1. IMPORTANT - If you are sick, self-isolating or are in quarantine due to known virus exposure,
please DO NOT COME TO THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL.
Call to discuss how we can utilize TELEMEDICINE to provide care for your pet or arrange for their care keeping you & our team as safe as possible.
2. Medication, Supply & Food orders MUST be made over the phone and paid for in advance. Call us when you arrive and we will put your order on a table outside the front door for you to pick up directly.
3. Appointments can be made for pets, keeping in mind that we are limiting the number of appointments booked at any one time.
Pets must be on a leash or in a carrier (no exceptions to this rule will be made).
We will talk with pet owners over the phone while they stay outside in their cars and bring the pets into the hospital for care (separate from their owners).
** In the case of a patient that cannot be safely handled without their owner's assistance, an advance discussion with the veterinarian will be required to determine the best course of action.
4. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated at this time.
Call before coming to the hospital with your pet for care.
As always, we hope for the continued health of our patients & their people!
The Ajax Animal Hospital Management & Health Care Team
Where can you find more information? Click on these links!
The Ajax Animal Hospital has been proudly caring for the pets in our community for over 48 years.
Our team of 7 dedicated and experienced veterinarians will provide life-long individualized wellness care
including surgery and dentistry. We are also well-prepared to help your pet in case of illness/injury.
We are an independently owned & operated small veterinary business located in south Ajax
serving pets from Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa and the surrounding area.
Please call 905-683-6430 and let us know how our Ajax Vets can help you & your pet.
Check back here often to see what the AAH team has been up to!